Warrior 150 Challenge
To commemorate 150 years of academic and research excellence in Detroit, President Wilson launched a university-wide initiative as a testament to our unwavering sense of social responsibility and commitment to the community. This initiative is designed to engage and activate all of WSU's stakeholder groups, including students, faculty, and staff, in meaningful community service across the metro Detroit area.
The goal–150,000 volunteer community service hours in 2018.
EXCITING NEWS! There's an app for that! Wayne State University is be using the Helper Helper app to coordinate this effort. It makes it easy for you to find volunteer opportunities as well as track your hours.
**Please note, this will take the place of tracking hours in Get Involved/Org Sync.
Download and Sign In to Helper Helper
Follow the steps below to download and sign in to the app on your iPhone, Android device or PC:
- Enter your Wayne State University e-mail address (i.e. email@example.com)
NOTE: Be sure there is no space after your e-mail address
- You will be re-directed to Academica; sign in with your access ID and password
Sign-up for Volunteer Opportunities
Once you've logged in to Helper Helper you will see Opportunities on the main page (click "see all upcoming opportunities" if you don't see your event listed). Then:
- Click on the event for which you'd like to volunteer. **If you do not see your event listed, see Entering Past or Personal Community Service Hours below**
- Choose time slot and click "Sign up."
- After the event, a validation key will be e-mailed to you. You will enter that key to validate and count your hours in Helper Helper.
Entering Past or Personal Community Service Hours
For past community service hours (since January 1, 2018) or hours not associated with an Upcoming Opportunity in Helper Helper, you can enter those by doing the following:
- Sign in to Helper Helper per the above instructions.
- Add Past Commitment
Mobile app: go to the main menu at the top left, select Add Past Commitment and follow prompts
Online app: select Add Past Commitment on the left hand menu and follow prompts
Need Volunteers for an Upcoming Event?
If you'd like your upcoming event included as a volunteer opportunity for the university, please send the following information to Alyson Wrase at Alyson.firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Organization Name
- Event Name
- Short Event Description (include link to event page, if applicable)
- Event Date
- Event times
- Event Location
- Any additional pertinent information you'd like to share
Please contact Alyson Wrase at email@example.com if you have any questions or concerns.